Chorlton Runners' Club Rules
Please follow our black and golden rules for safe and enjoyable running.
- Respect your run leaders and follow their instructions at all times – they are all volunteers (giving up their free time and their own run). The club runs couldn’t go ahead without them. They will have planned routes/training especially for you so give them a big thumbs up.
- Respect and acknowledge other road and footpath users. There might be a lot of us, but we don’t own the place – be aware of what’s around you, run single file if you have to, slow down if you have to, and please give a smile and a thank you to anyone who stops or moves out of the way for us.
- Be aware of the other runners in your group. Encourage and support each other and stop to assist or slow down if you need to.
- Be responsible for your own safety, and warn others if you think they may be at risk.
- If it’s dark, wear something bright – hi vis or reflective. You can’t be seen as well as you think you can if you’re just in normal gear, and there’s no safety in numbers alone.
- Be nice to your fellow club members whether you are running, Facebooking or socialising. Respect each others’ differences and abilities.
- Be supportive of other clubs and their achievements – many are achieving great things and have runners just like you.
- Play by race rules – whether it’s a UKA, FRA or an independent race, you must abide by their rules. If you break the rules you will bring disrepute on yourself and the club; it could even lead to a ban. DON’T SWAP RACE NUMBERS without the organiser’s permission.
- If anyone, or anything has concerned you….don’t keep it to yourself. Refer to the Club Constitution and speak to a member of the Committee or a run leader.
- Make life simple for your Committee – pay your dues on time, fill in any surveys, give us feedback, volunteer, and above all…Have Fun!